Rank Mathis one of the most successful SEO plugins in the WordPress world.
If it’s also your favorite plugin for optimizing your website, you’ll be happy to find that you can configure the Schema module by Rank Math directly from the settings.
In this short tutorial I’ll explain how to set it up correctly. We will look at the features of the free plugin together, but know that if you use Rank Math Pro you will have many more options for your structured data .
Configure structured data with Rank Math
First, you need to install and configure Rank Math on your WordPress site. Use the Setup wizard to set all the details through a simple and clear wizard.
When everything is ready, go to Rank Math> Dashboard from your WordPress Dashboard and find the Schema (Structured data) panel. Make sure the toggle is turned on in order to use the Rank Math Schema module.
Now set up structured data for your articles. Go to Rank Math> Titles & Meta and select Articles in the Post Types section . Scroll down to Schema Type and select the structured data type that best suits your content. For example, if you have a personal blog, you can leave the Article setting ; if you have a recipe blog, you can select Recipe .
Save the settings and repeat the same operation for the pages and for all the other elements found in the Post Types section .
At this point, we have not entered any structured data yet, but only what type of Schema will be used on your website has been set.
Add Schema markup on pages and articles with Rank Math
Now is the time to define the structured data of the pages and articles. Go to the edit page of your article and select the Rank Math settings. Then, click on the structured data icon.
The type of Scheme you have chosen in the general settings will appear in this section.
However, you can customize these settings by deleting the article outline. Click on the trash can symbol, then select the Schema generator button .
Choose the type of scheme from the list and complete the required data.
To show you how this works, I’ll take the Book entry as an example .
- Headline stands for title. The page title is automatically resumed, but you can enter a different one.
- Review location allows you to choose the location of the reviews. If you choose Custom , the following item will appear.
- Shortcode is the shortcode that you can copy and paste wherever you like on your page to show the data entered on this screen.
- URL is the address of the page of the book you are talking about.
- Author Name is the name of the author. It is set by default as the author of the post.
- Review allows you to enter a score and set the minimum and maximum.
- Edition contains additional information about the book’s publication, including ISBN, publication date, and others.
As you can see, it is very easy to fill in this information, because all the fields are very clear. If you want to insert another type of Schema with Rank Math, just fill in the form as indicated.
If you encounter difficulties or have any doubts, you can leave a comment on this article.
Rank Math Pro Schema Functionality
Using the Schema module with Rank Math Pro, you will have the possibility to configure several additional options. Here are some cool features:
- Enable speakable activates attributes that will be useful for devices such as Alexa or Google Home;
- Schema templates allows you to save structured data configurations and reuse them in other pages or articles;
- Import schema will be useful if you want to import structured data on Rank Math from a web page, from HTML code or from JSON-LD;
- Custom schema allows you to generate schema types not included in the Rank Math default list;
- Code validation tests the structured data you enter to make sure it is correct. Just click on the Test with Google button to open and launch the Multimedia Results Test tool .
Add structured data with the Rank Math Schema module. it’s a great way to get rich snippets on the Google search results page. As you have seen, it is a simple to use and comprehensive feature.